Today’s book chat is all about wrapping up DEAD UNTIL DARK. By now you should have finished the first book (and maybe you’ve moved on to the next one). I would love to know whether you liked the books or not because I’m hoping to continue the series for at least 2 more books, but we can always switch it up.
TODAY: LIVE TWITTER PARTY (AND ON THE BLOG)!
Using the hashtag #TheGirlsWhoRead, find us on Twitter today (July 24th) for our first official Twitter Party to talk about the book at 6 PM (PST) until 7:00 PM! See you there. (Find all our book club members on Twitter using this list and Tweet to me if you’d like to be added to the book club list on Twitter.)
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS (AND SPOILERS)
By now you’ve read through DEAD UNTIL DARK. And by now you’ve been introduced to the author’s style of finishing the book up with action, which is part of what I love about her writing. The following are a few questions for discussion. Feel free to answer these OR use your own commentary for discussion. (Answers can be posted here on the blog or saved for the Twitter Party.)
- Before reading DEAD UNTIL DARK, were you a fan of mystery? I hadn’t read much of it and to be honest, I can’t handle a lot of murder mysteries, but since this one involves so many vampires, I didn’t get too scared.
- How did you like the mystery in this book? I personally loved it because it felt like it was a page turner, especially toward the end.
- I’m a big fan of some romance in a novel, so I loved Sookie and Bill. What do you think? Is romance a necessary element for you to get into a story?
- Comment on anything else you noticed and loved (or hated).
NEXT READING ASSIGNMENT
We’re wrapping up July and heading into August! For our next book, we’ll be reading LIVING DEAD IN DALLAS (Book 2). We’re going to change things up a bit and only meet once a month. Make sure you finish reading the book within one month and check back here on August 21st.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Read the monthly book.
- Leave a comment on the blog post which starts a discussion about the book each Thursday and a comment on the final discussion on July 24th.
- Once a month we will host a Book Club Twitter Party, be sure to follow #TheGirlsWhoRead, and @thereallisakerr on Twitter.
- Share this with your friends.
- If you’re blogging about the book club, you’ll have a chance to link up your post. Check below.
HOW TO BUY THE BOOKS:
Book 1 (Kindle/Paperback): Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 1)
Book 2 (Kindle/Paperback): Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 2)
This is part of a series called “The Girls Who Read” featuring entertaining and interesting books we love. I know most of you love to read. Hope you like it and email me any ideas on what we should read next! Join me for our monthly Twitter Party and book chat using the hashtag #TheGirlsWhoRead. Subscribe to our list on Twitter and Tweet to me if you’d like to be added to the book club list on Twitter. New books will be discussed every three weeks.