Welcome! It’s been two weeks since you signed up for or expressed interest in The Girls Who Read book club. We’re off to a great start with so many of you joining the Twitter Party (using the hashtag #TheGirlsWhoRead). I’m so happy to have all of you along for the ride. To get involved, simply read the post below and leave a comment about the book or the discussion questions. Try not to leave too many spoilers if you’ve already read the whole book! Save those for our final chat on July 24th.
Discussion Questions (And Spoilers)
By now you’ve read through chapter 8 in DEAD UNTIL DARK. And by now you’ve been introduced to all the action and mystery, which is part of what I love so much about these books. The following are a few questions for discussion. Feel free to answer these OR use your own commentary for discussion:
- What do you think of Sookie and Sam? Is there any potential for future romance?
- How sad were you about Gran?
- What do you think of Eric? Do you prefer him to Bill?
- Who’s your favorite minor character?
- Comment on anything else you noticed and loved (or hated).
It’s not too late to get involved. If you want to join, here are the details:
How to Get Involved
- Read the monthly book.
- Leave a comment on the blog post which starts a discussion about the book each Thursday and a comment on the final discussion on July 24th.
- Once a month we will host a Book Club Twitter Chat, be sure to follow #TheGirlsWhoRead, and @thereallisakerr on Twitter.
- Share this with your friends.
- If you’re blogging about the book club, you’ll have a chance to link up your post after July 24th.
Finish the book by July 24th!
LIVE Chat on July 24th
Using the hashtag #TheGirlsWhoRead, find us on Twitter on July 24th to talk about the book! See you there! (Find all our book club members on Twitter using this list and Tweet to me if you’d like to be added to the book club list on Twitter.)
This post is part of my new book club,”The Girls Who Read“, featuring entertaining and interesting books we love. I know most of you love to read. Join me for our ongoing book chat on Twitter (or any other social media) using the hashtag #TheGirlsWhoRead and mark your calendars for our first Twitter party on July 24th. You can also use the hashtag #dontreadalone to emphasize the importance of making reading a group thing.
This book list is tentative and may change at any time without prior notification.
Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 1) (Kindle/Paperback version)
Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 2) (Kindle/Paperback version)
Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 3) (Kindle/Paperback version)
These titles may also be available at your local library.
An updated calendar can be found here.