Today’s book chat is all about wrapping up LIVING DEAD IN DALLAS. By now you should have finished the book so we can discuss it without worrying about spoilers. I would love to know whether you liked the books or not because I’m hoping to continue the series for at least 2 more books, but we can always switch it up. Let me know in the comments or via email if you have any book suggestions.
Part of the reason I love these books is the simplicity of them, but another reason is how Charlaine Harris seems to take me away from my busy life and sets me somewhere else for a moment; somewhere with dwarves and maenads and vampires. This week I was reading LIVING DEAD IN DALLAS while soaking away in a bubble bath and really, it was the most perfect afternoon a girl could ask for.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS (AND SPOILERS)
By now you’ve read through LIVING DEAD IN DALLAS. The following are a few questions for discussion. Feel free to answer these OR use your own commentary for discussion. (Answers can be posted here on the blog or saved for the Twitter Party.)
- What do you think about the new characters Harris introduces in this book? Particularly the supernatural ones? I like that she introduced more than just vampires in this book. To me it makes the setting a little more magical and strange. I love it.
- What did you think about Lafayette’s death? I loved Lafayette and was sad to see him go. What about you?
- Given the chance, would you date a vampire? I’m down for anything, but I don’t know if I could handle the near-anemic aspect of dating a blood sucker. Ha!
- Comment on anything else you loved (or hated).
JOIN US FOR A LIVE TWITTER PARTY (AND ON THE BLOG)!
Using the hashtag #TheGirlsWhoRead, find us on Twitter on August 21st for our second official Twitter Party to talk about the book. We’ll also be chatting here on the blog.
When: August 21st, 6 PM (PST) until 7:00 PM (but I will check in all day)
Host: @thereallisakerr on Twitter
What: Discuss LIVING DEAD IN DALLAS and anything Sookie Stackhouse related.
Additional Info: Find all our book club members on Twitter using this list and Tweet to me if you’d like to be added to the book club list on Twitter.
If you missed out last month, it’s not too late to get involved. If you want to join, here are the details:
How to Get Involved
- Read the monthly book.
- Leave a comment on the blog post which starts a discussion about the book and a comment on the final discussion on Thursday, August 21.
- Once a month we will host a Book Club Twitter Chat, be sure to follow #TheGirlsWhoRead, and @thereallisakerr on Twitter.
- Share this with your friends.
NEXT READING ASSIGNMENT
Our next book will be Club Dead, book 3 ‘in the Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire Mysteries! Make sure you finish reading the book within one month and check back on the blog on September 18th. We’ll just be meeting once a month and we’ll also be hosting a Twitter Party. Details below.
If you missed any of the book club posts, read them here.